Famous Quotes of Whitney Houston

Whitney Houston's (August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012) death Saturday at the age of 48 brought the singer's remarkable life and career to a tragically early end. Since the news broke, tributes to her have emerged across every medium -- in obituaries, tweets, comments on news stories, and blog posts.

Whitney's rise to fame serves as an inspiration to many; and even though her life and career may have been marred by some controversies, there is no denying that she was one of the golden voices of our generation.

Quotes of Whitney Houston
Another way to celebrate her, though, is by remembering how she described herself, her work and her perspective on life. Here are some of the famous and beautiful quotes by Whitney Houston:

  1. From the beginning, the camera and I were great friends. It loves me, and I love it.

  2. God gave me a voice to sing with, and when you have that, what other gimmick is there?

  3. I almost wish I could be more exciting, that I could match what is happening out there to me.

  4. I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside.
  5. I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow; if I fail, or if I succeed at least I did as I believe.

  6. I finally faced the fact that it isn't a crime not having friends. Being alone means you have fewer problems.

  7. I like being a woman, even in a man's world. After all, men can't wear dresses, but we can wear the pants.

  8. I'm not crazy about arenas just because I can sell them out. It doesn't do anything for my ego at all. I want to play places where people don't have to sit in the nosebleed seats and wonder what the hell is going on.

  9. I've turned down a lot of arena dates because I've done the big-arena thing. Now, I want to do something where people can feel me and I can feel them.

  10. My mother taught me that when you stand in the truth and someone tells a lie about you, don't fight it.

  11. No, I'm not a drug addict, and neither is my husband. If that were so, you'd get a lot less work out of me. It would show in the performances and in the work.

  12. When I decided to be a singer, my mother warned me I'd be alone a lot. Basically we all are. Loneliness comes with life.

  13. When I heard Aretha, I could feel her emotional delivery so clearly. It came from down deep within. That's what I wanted to do.

  14. I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside.

  15. I don't like it when they [media critics] see me as this little person who doesn't know what to do with herself -- like I have no idea what I want, like I'm just a puppet . . . . That's demeaning to me, because that ain't how it is, and it never was.

  16. Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

  17. One of the hardest things to teach a child is that the truth is more important than the consequences.

  18. In golf as in life it is the follow through that makes the difference.

  19. Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

back to top